New Zealand Immigration - A Case Study
A successful New Zealand Immigration experience depends largely on the new employee’s ability to settle and get working quickly and effectively.
The following example highlights the benefits of Resettlement Support, and the “Savings” achieved for the company.
Our client company organised a “Pre-Arrival” visit for their new employee, during which time we provided an Orientation Tour of the city, and organised some property viewings based upon his Lifestyle preferences and Budget Guidelines.
The company’s normal policy was to provide “Temporary accommodation” for new employees for 3-4 weeks on arrival, however, the new employee’s preference was to move into a rental property when he arrived with his family.
Additionally, they provided an “Allowance” for furnishings if the employee was not shipping his own.
While he was here, we found the “Ideal” home for him and secured a rental agreement for it to be available on his family’s arrival.
The benefits for him were:
- He did not have to move twice.
- We had organised “Rental” furnishings for them until they purchased their own requirements.
- His family were ecstatic about the home, and could fully integrate into their new environment, and begin to establish their own community support networks.
- Within a week of his arrival, we had fully furnished his 4 bedroom property, all appliances, linen, cookware, dishes, cutlery, glassware, at a significant discount through our alliance contacts.
- We organised the purchase of a car, for his wife, again with a substantial discount.
- He could start work immediately knowing his family was settled, and could concentrate on getting to know their new community.
The benefits for the company were:
- Substantial savings in not having to pay for hotel accommodation for 3-4 weeks.
- Substantial savings in not having to pay for shipping a container.
- The new employee could concentrate on work requirements, knowing that his family’s needs were being fully addressed.
- The new employee did not have to take any time away from work to look for accommodation, furnishings, utility set up, or other community services.
- We accompanied his wife to select and purchase their furnishing requirements, and obtained significant discounts through our relationship with various retailers.
Overall, the savings to the company were far in excess of our modest fee.